Re: Boot images (NetWinder)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Philip Blundell wrote:

> >Just wondering if there is a more recent tftpboot.img for NetWinders then
> >what is at:
> >	http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-arm/
> >		2.3.6-2001-06-25/netwinder/
> >Which is slightly broken.
>
> Not for woody.  I haven't had a chance to build one recently.  The latest
> potato image is in proposed-updates.

I must have been doing something wrong.  I couldn't get tftpboot.img to
work from proposed-updates, it kept asking to install rescue.bin.  For now
I'm using rescue_netwinder.bin from regular potato, but with the rest of
the stuff from proposed-updates (drivers.tgz, rescue.bin, base2_2.tgz).
Seems to be working fine.

> >As well is there any problem installing woody by default?
>
> Dunno.  You'd probably be the first to try on ARM.

For now I'll simply do an update once I get potato installed.  The woody
tftpboot.img for netwinder does not work nicely.  Network install does not
really work, and if I install from the disk it hangs partway through.

-Rms