Re: ARM autobuilder and pike7 compile

>stuff. My question is - how do I deal with this situation now that it seems
>clear that it's not the package's fault, but rather something on the machine
>building it? When will the autobuild be retried? Can the rebuild be forced
>in some way? It might've been a temporary problem on the machine since never
>before any pike7 package (including the previous release 7.0.345-1) failed
>to build there. I would like to sort this problem out before the package
>freeze begins hoping that pike7 will make it into the next Debian release,
>but it seems that at this moment I am out of options. I would really
>appreciate any help from the arm folks :))

The autobuilder doesn't automatically retry failed packages, they have to be
manually requeued.  I did this yesterday for pike7_7.0.345-2 and it built
successfully on pig; see

<http://buildd.armlinux.org/~buildd/build.php?pkg%3Dpike7%26ver%3D7.0.345-2%26arch%3Darm>

Incidentally, you weren't "out of options": you could have just uploaded the
binaries that you built yourself, especially if you thought this was just some
transient failure.  Obviously, if the autobuilder is consistently failing to
build some particular package that you can successfully compile by hand then
it needs looking into, but occasional glitches do happen and it's not worth
worrying about them too much.

p.