Re: ARM autobuilder and pike7 compile

** On Jul 04, Philip Blundell scribbled:
[snip]
> >freeze begins hoping that pike7 will make it into the next Debian release,
> >but it seems that at this moment I am out of options. I would really
> >appreciate any help from the arm folks :))
>
> The autobuilder doesn't automatically retry failed packages, they have to be
> manually requeued.  I did this yesterday for pike7_7.0.345-2 and it built
> successfully on pig; see
Excellent!

> <http://buildd.armlinux.org/~buildd/build.php?pkg%3Dpike7%26ver%3D7.0.345-2%26arch%3Darm>
>
> Incidentally, you weren't "out of options": you could have just uploaded the
> binaries that you built yourself, especially if you thought this was just some
Oh, yes - but the machine I was building on didn't have all the build
dependencies - therefore I disabled the support for missing packages and
built only the core, which was the thing that failed to build on the
autobuilder. I just didn't want to bother you with installing GTK, GL and
GLUT stuff - they're too much hassle to install. And since it did seemed to
be a transient failure, I preferred the "Right Way" - to retry the autobuild
process.

> transient failure.  Obviously, if the autobuilder is consistently failing to
> build some particular package that you can successfully compile by hand then
> it needs looking into, but occasional glitches do happen and it's not worth
> worrying about them too much.
That's right :). Will keep that in mind, thanks :)

marek

--
Visit: http://caudium.net - the Caudium WebServer

/* A completely unrelated fortune */
 I think we're all Bozos on this bus.   -- Firesign Theatre