Re: gnupg

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 07:53:45PM +0000, Philip Blundell wrote:
> >Do you have anything apart from its comment to suggest that it even
> >works on arm3?
>
> Nope.

Ah.

> >I don't believe that the non ARM3 code should actually work, and I see no
> >reason why (if I've found the bug) the corrected code should not work
> >equally well on ARM4 (but more slowly than an umull ?)
>
> Great.  Thanks for the analysis.  I'll build a package with that change and
> see if it helps.

Please beware that I really didn't understand it (or the gcc inline asm code
and how exactly it specifies registers, including how to stop input and output
values being in the same registers ) well enough to be sure that it was doing
exactly what I think it ought to be doing to get the multiply correct.

Merely that I found something that seemed to be in error.

Hopefully it now works, but there might be 1 in 2**32 (or 1 in 2**64)
cases where it still doesn't

Nicholas Clark