Re: Linux on a RiscPC 600

          Philip Blundell <pb@labs.futuretv.com> wrote:

> In message <[🔎] Marcel-1.50-0516132215-f7fh+Ty@chewy.aleph1.co.uk>, Wookey writes:
> >2) They don't recognise filecore partitioned drives so you have to
> >install to a PC BIOS-partitioned drive.
>
> The reason for this turns out to be that the installer is actually using code
> from fdisk to read the partition table.  Someone would need to add support for
> all the wacky partitioning schemes used under RISC OS.

Hence the point of packaging Russel's fdisk which does support all the
weird things.   I seem to recall him saying I should throw in the GPL
when I did package them, but I'll check with him on this matter
to make sure.  otoh, I suspect packing it as non-free wouldn't be
the end of the world.  But the boot discs do desperately need
this functionality.

Peter

 Peter Naulls - peter@erble.freeserve.co.uk
 Homepage - http://free.prohosting.com/~chocky/