Re: Linux on a RiscPC 600

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, but if what you have is
genuinely a RiscPC 600, ie. an ARM610 based machine, then you're
probably going to run into the same problems I'm having with the
kernels and some of the Debian software, eg. the ftp client;
see the recent messages on the linux-arm mailing list,
  ftp://ftp.arm.linux.org.uk/pub/armlinux/lists/linux-arm/archive.200005

In summary it seems that later 2.2 and certainly 2.3 kernels don't boot
on ARM610 or ARM710 processors and there are problems with threaded
code.

Cheers,

David

--
David Seery                       Room H6
djs61@cam.ac.uk                   Christ's College