Re: Debian ARM package xserver-common

On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 04:45:59PM +0100, Andy Piper wrote:
> Sorry to bother you, but you are listed as the maintainer of
> a Debian package I'm trying to use.
>
> I've just been installing Debian onto an Acorn RISC PC
> today, but I've run into a problem. The xserver-common
> package (at version 3.3.6-6) does not contain the xf86config
> utility, only the xserver-configure wrapper which won't work
> without xf86config itself.
>
> Can you suggest where I can get a copy from? Setting up the
> X server is a pain without it.

I don't know why xf86config is not in the ARM version of the package;
perhaps one of the ARM porters, especially the one who built XFree86 for
that architecture, can explain.

I try to be pretty cognizant of issues with the various ports, but I am
pretty ignorant about ARM right now.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |    Never attribute to malice that which can