Re: [bcollins@debian.org: Re: testing to be implemented on ftp-master]

On 20 Dec 2000, Tor Slettnes wrote:

>     Philip> Wowsers.  It passes `make check'?
>
> Unfortunately, no.  I did not even realize that was there, until you
> asked this brilliant question. :-/
>
> There are three different errors.  I will go through them now, and if
> file neccessary bug reports.

To the best of my knowledge glibc has never had less then three test
failures on ARM.  I've become used to ignoring them, which probably is not
the best thing.  One or two of them are related thought to be compiler
bugs, which may go away with GCC 2.97.x, the head of the tree.

> Btw. The latest GCC does not build.  Unless someone else does, I will
> be looking at that afterwards.

Do you mean the head of the tree or GCC 2.95.x?  The head has been broken
since early December on ARM, see and followups.:
	http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2000-12/msg00213.html
Although it does look as if the 'problem' has been found and a possible
solution proposed, so hopefully it will be back again soon.  Actually all
that is broken is the C++ support, the C compiler should be 'fine'.

-Rms