Re: Install process...

On Wed 13 Dec, Jonathan D. Amery wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Wookey wrote:

> > From this I assume you are installing on a Risc-PC using Peter Naull's

sorry, that should be naulls' of course :-)

> > >  debconf depends on perl-5.005 and suggests libterm-readline-gnu-perl,
> > >  libterm-readline-gnu-perl depends on perl-5.004
> > >  perl-5.004 conflicts with perl-5.005
> > Is this in the Debian 2.2r2 current main archive or do you have an older
> > copy/CD? Doesn't sound arch-specific. It works OK on the CDs I just did
> > (2.2r0+various bits).
>
>  This is in the current uk-mirrors arm archive.  It is not true in the
> current sparc archive (which I checked with my other recent debian
> install).

Hmm odd. I've seen this before in earlier snapshots I've used but it seems to
have gone away currently in my mirror. I'm in the middle of updating it to
2.2r2 so I'll check when that's done. If anyone else is in a posititon to
look into this sooner - feel free.

> > Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679
>
>  Hmm - that's not that far away :).
>
>  (I'm Chesterton (arguably)).

Indeed. I noticed the chiark adress.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679