Re: Debian install on Netwinder?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Leonard Sitongia wrote:

> Can someone clue me in on this?  It's been a couple of years since I
> upgraded my Netwinder DM, and at that time it was with the whole-disk
> image from Corel.
>  I haven't installed Debian on it.
>
> First, I assume that Netwinder support is in debian-arm.

Yes.

> Second, one can do a TFTP/NFS type of install, right?

Yup, works as well.

> I see a rescue_netwinder.bin in the dists area.  Is that required for an
> install?

I believe this is the file/kernel you tftp boot.  (It's been a while since
I've done it.)  It will then prompt you for anything else it needs, but I
think everything is in rescue_netwinder.bin.

You might want to upgrade your NeTTrom to 2.3.3 if you have a pre 2.1.7
version.

-Rms