Re: kernel-package forces target to `Image'

Sure..
I am the cause of that /Image thing, and it had to do with an earlier
version of the NeTTrom not being able to read /vmlinux.  I have not
tried this in later versions, and anyway think that your idea about a
switch is cleaner.

So, if you have that influence, please. :-)

-tor

Chris Rutter wrote:

> I notice that the rules file for `kernel-package' forces the target to
> `Image' on ARM:
>
>   ### ARM
>   ifeq ($(strip $(architecture)),arm)
>   GUESS_SUBARCH:='netwinder'
>
>   ifeq (,$(findstring $(SUBARCH),netwinder))
>   SUBARCH:=$(GUESS_SUBARCH)
>   endif
>
>   kimage := Image
>   loaderdep=
>   loader=nettrom
>   loaderdoc=
>   target = Image
>   NEED_DIRECT_GZIP_IMAGE=NO
>   kimagesrc = arch/$(KERNEL_ARCH)/boot/Image
>   kimagedest = $(INT_IMAGE_DESTDIR)/Image-$(version)
>   DEBCONFIG = $(CONFDIR)/config.arm
>   ifeq ($(strip $(GUESS_SUBARCH)),netwinder)
>           DEBCONFIG= $(CONFDIR)/config.netwinder
>   endif
>   endif
>
> Should I pester Manoj to just add a `--image' switch, analogous to
> `--zimage' and `--bzimage', and then we can use $(kimage) like everything
> else at this point?
>
> c.
>
> --

Får i ulveklær