Re: configure level change on arm to build PIC until glibc-2.2?

>Now, why should this not happen?  Will the performance penalty be too great?
>Would it be easier to patch glibc-2.1 with Phil's changes to 2.2?  Is there

The libc patch is certainly pretty straightforward.  I think this would be a
better solution than making -fPIC the default because it only penalises the
few programs that don't use PIC when they should, rather than the many that
don't need to use PIC at all.

p.