Re: JDK and Kaffe

> Can anyone get either of these to run.  My build of Kaffe:
>
> /usr/local/libexec/Kaffe: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libk
> affevm-1.0.5.so: R_ARM_PC24 relocation out of range

For kaffe, you will find in the build tree a file called...
   build-tree/kaffe-1.0.5/config/arm/trampolines.c
... in which line 34 has been cruelly and disasterously crowbarred...
   #if 1 /* defined(NO_SHARED_VMLIBRARY) */
... should you uncrowbar that back to the original commented out
test you will find that it your resulting kaffe no longer has the
R_ARM_PC24 problem.  (You may need to manually delete jit3/machine.lo
and kaffevm/*.la to force the build).

I have no idea why that was crowbarred, the resulting kaffe may
be fatally flawed.  It runs enough to tell me I don't know how to
invoke it.

If the resulting kaffe works then please submit a bug report to
the BTS with a patch.  I will be off net and unable to coordinate
for a couple of weeks.

--
                                     Jim Studt, President
                                     The Federated Software Group, Inc.