Re: Recommended NetTron version for running potato?

> Should/can I upgrade NetTron still further before trying to
> run potato?

You need to upgrade your firmware past 2.0.8h.  This will allow the firmware to
pass parameters to the 2.2.x kernels in use on the Debian potato distribution.
You also might want to read the firmware howto:

http://www.netwinder.org/~ralphs/howto/Firmware-HOWTO.html

> Machine specs: Both are Corel Computer, NW643DM 1.0, with serial
> numbers 580246 and 580290 respectively.

I'd like to know what board rev is in your machines, can you do `cat
/proc/cpuinfo` and send the output to me.

> One machine still has the original RH 5.1 with kernel 2.0.31. I have tried
> to upgrade the other to Debian potato with kernel 2.2.10, but X dies
> (signal 11). Networking works.

I'm afraid X needs to be built against the 2.2. headers to work correctly.
GLIBC also really needs to be upgraded as well when you go to the 2.2.x
kernels.  We found lots of problems doing this, it is one of the reasons DM 15
took so long to produce.

Scott

--
Scott Bambrough - Software Engineer