Recommended NetTron version for running potato?

First, many thanks for continuing to work on the debian port,
through thick and thin, for so long. Thanks to your efforts, it
looks like the port is now ready for end user use, which is my
position.

At some point within the past 12 months, my son, while on a
short visit home, upgraded the flash ROM on my two NetWinders to
NetTron 2.0.4.

Should/can I upgrade NetTron still further before trying to
run potato?

Also, is debian.org the best place to point apt-get to get the
packages?

I need to run X on both machines.

Machine specs: Both are Corel Computer, NW643DM 1.0, with serial
numbers 580246 and 580290 respectively. One machine still has
the original RH 5.1 with kernel 2.0.31. I have tried to upgrade
the other to Debian potato with kernel 2.2.10, but X dies
(signal 11). Networking works.

Any advice deeply appreciated.

Jon

--