Re: Mozilla M14!

> I've recently hooked up my netwinder to my DSL network at home, and updated it
> to the latest frozen.  Is there a build success page from the build machine, or
> a place showing stuff that needs work?  I'm no kernel hacker, but I'd like to
> help out.

The ARM port is coming along nicely.  There is a list of packages
that have unsigned char problems.  If you pop over to my ARM page,
http://www.federated.com/~jim/arm/index.html you will find a list
of packages with unsigned char problems.  It would be a great service
to have someone go through each of the afflicted packages, make a patch,
and send it to the Debian bug tracking system for that package.

You will want to prepare a nice paragraph about why unsigned characters
are legal and how even on signed char systems the code is usually a
problem if you encounter a character set that uses 0xff.  (Almost all
of the problems are people downcasting getchar() to a char before
comparing to EOF.  I need to have some "EOF is an (int) damn it"
bumper stickers made up. :-)

I have heard that the PPC port also has this problem, so it should
fix them as well.

On that same page you will also find the 'busted' packages listed and
a one line synopsis of the problem.  I suspect we have all the popular
packages but three (gdb, accelerated x server, mozilla) working, but if
you see one of your favorites on the busted list feel free to attack it.
You also retrieve the build log for the last time I tried to build it
to see more details without building it yourself.

--
                                     Jim Studt, President
                                     The Federated Software Group, Inc.