Re: Debian images on a Risc PC

Philip Blundell <pb@labs.futuretv.com> writes:

> > # ln -s foo bar
> > # chown 123 bar
> > chown: bar: Function not implemented
>
> Strange.  I'd expect that if you tried to use the Debian glibc with
> a 2.0 kernel, but it should be fine under 2.2.  I'll take a look at
> LKAB and check nothing wacky is happening with the 2.2 builds.

I have it working now.  It seemed that there was a combination of
libcs and Debian images I hadn't tried, or I was doing something
stupid.  Anyway, after I managed to get it to install the newest libc
deb it was fine.

Thanks for all the great work on Debian/ARM, people!  I'm really
pleased because now that I can telnet into my Risc PC properly, I can
move the monitor off the table and thus free some valuable desk
space! :-)

--
         Mark Seaborn
   - mseaborn@bigfoot.com - http://members.xoom.com/mseaborn/ -

     ``There is a vast degree of sleaze, more than actually exists''
             -- Robin Oakley