Re: Memory, IDE performance, idle speculation, THANKS!

Alex Holden wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > Hmm, thought of that, but couldn't find any appropriate NeTTrom environment
> > variables... Oh, there's cmdappend.  Duh!  With "setenv cmdappend mem=128M" it
> > doesn't boot!!  Now when I try to power down and back up, NeTTrom doesn't
> > start!!!  It calculates the bogoMIPS, then says:
>
> Sounds like either you only have 64MB, or there is a hardware problem. Has
> it ever shown the full 128MB (with the kernel and setup which came with
> the machine)?
>
> > And one other question: how do I pass two kernel args on the command line?  I
>
> Use the latest firmware from ftp://ftp.netwinder.org/users/w/woody/
> (it's in rpm form unfortunately, but seems to work fine). The logo utils
> are quite cool too- try them (use logowrite2) with NW_Rebel.gif to get a
> cool penguin image on power up.

Most excellent!  Now it sees the full 128M, and you're right- the penguin on power
up is really nice!

Thank you very much!
--
            Adam Powell                    http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/
            Thomas B. King Assistant Professor of Materials Engineering