Re: What about ARM?

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Jim Studt wrote:
> That should work well.  I need to get a patch floated out as well, it
> embeds the root into the kernel so the kernel loader ends up doing all
> the work.

Do you mean it loads the initrd from the ROM as a block of data tacked
onto the kernel image?

> This is how we boot entirely out of flash on the NetWinder.

Have you seen cramfs in the latest 2.3.35 kernel? It looks pretty cool;
it's a lightweight compressed read only file system intended mainly for
embedding into ROMs.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :