Re: What about ARM?

Alex Holden wrote:
> I'm close to finishing a kernel tftp initrd loader which would probably be
> ideal for this (it'll let you  use a file on a tftp server the same way
> you would an initrd image on a boot floppy). I'm actually writing it for a
> diskless NetWinder application where I don't want to use NFS root. I'll
> announce the patch on the linux-kernel and linux-embedded lists when I get
> the ramdisk load/identify/mount part working properly (the tftp part of it
> already works fine), which hopefully will be pretty soon.

That should work well.  I need to get a patch floated out as well, it
embeds the root into the kernel so the kernel loader ends up doing all
the work.  This is how we boot entirely out of flash on the NetWinder.
Its a tiny patch just a few lines of code and a few lines of Makefile.

--
                                     Jim Studt, President
                                     The Federated Software Group, Inc.