Re: New Image

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 12:41:17AM +0000, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> The new firmware solved the problem.  So it had out-of-date firmware
> even though it arrived two weeks ago.  (That was part of the flame
> story.)

Yeah, personally, I wouldn't buy one of the things at this point:-/

> Yeah, that's what I was trying to do.  Tried to go through all that
> is usually automatic on other platforms: set root password,
> configure network, shadowconfig, create a normal user, dselect.
> That's where the problem happened.  apt will update (goes out and
> gets the Packages files just fine), but

The 'unstable' tag is the key word here:-) I basically take it as
meaning "this distribution could possibly trash everything", although
that's never happened.

> > Or you could do it first... doesn't matter much.
>
> What does this mean?

I just meant that you could edit the files either mounted from the RH
crud or booted from Debian.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria