Re: New Image

On Sun, Aug 29, 1999 at 08:27:33PM +0000, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> Greetings,

Hi

> Oh- one other thing.  The online documentation for this port is in a
> HORRENDOUS state of disrepair.  I mean, REALLY BAD!!

So are you volunteering to help get it up to date?

> <flame>

...  I was very angry, ...

...  write a big flame to the netwinder.org webmaster, ...

... So I go home and flame the newsgroup ...

Would some stress management be in order?

> Sorry to be so long-winded, I've been horribly frustrated with what
> should be the easiest distro to install (well, except the one that
> came with it :-) and use.  If you can help me get a working image,
> or help update the docs, thank you very much in advance.  I look
> forward to using my Netwinder to its fullest potential- with Debian
> of course- and maybe even to helping out in some way.

If you just got the netwinder, you probably have up to date firmware,
all you really need to do is put the Debian image on a partition,
change the /etc/fstab entries and boot it up.  Then you configure
everything else.  Or you could do it first... doesn't matter much.

Your points are all valid, afaik, but I wouldn't expect a lot from
rebel.com (although they have been helpful with my broken netwinder).
As far as Debian stuff, it's all volunteer work, so if it's broken -
help fix it:-)

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria