Re: New Image

Hi,

I just set up a netwinder dm with debian and it went all fine. no
problems at all. i was the problem, i.e. blindness.
my tips, and with this i hadn't any troubles at all:
get the README.install from ftp.jimpick.com/pub/debian/arm. Read it, but
use the current image which resides in the same directory.
for the url mentioned int he readme file you can geht a free
devel-access to this sites. just register. and do what the man writes.
don't bother that this is half a year old. it works.
to get the necessary image, there is a searchengine for netwinder.org.
just search for the rom-image. you will find it.
maybe i am too optimistic but for me the README.install looked
bulletproofed. maybe the netwinders have changed or so, but with mine it
worked, and i can still boot the former redhat system.

> Your points are all valid, afaik, but I wouldn't expect a lot from
> rebel.com (although they have been helpful with my broken netwinder).
> As far as Debian stuff, it's all volunteer work, so if it's broken -
> help fix it:-)

well, rebel.com doesn't provide much technical information. i.e. i
couldn't find out which power supply it needs for europe. and such
things. in general, i have to say, rebel.com sucks.

so long
Othmar