Re: memory exhausted while compiling glibc2.1

> I'm using the Debian packages, gcc 2.95 and binutils 2.9.4.0.5.
>
> > Any hints?
>
> The Debian packages should work on ARM7 - you could try installing them.

I was leery of using the debian packages since the note on the website
said the packages were going to be made for arm3l some time in the future
and were arm4 (for the netwinder) currently.  is that the case or is the
web site misleading?

also, is it worth trashing my current system and installing the debian arm
port or is it not yet ready for an end user sort of install?  I did see a
few days ago a URL about an installer for RISC OS but wasn't sure about
the status of the port and didn't want to risk my current work.

-Gary Schulte