Cross platform install

Hi,

Together with a friend I'm working on a SA-1100 based computing device[1]
and I'm wondering if it is possible to do a cross-platform install. Let me
explain what I mean: The SA-1100 device has no physical disk, only
ramdisk. My idea is to make an ext2 ramdisk on a debian-i386 system,
install a base debian-arm system with some extra packages (PPP, for
example) on it, compress the ramdisk and burn it into the flash memory on
the SA-1100 board. Is this idea possible at all?

Erik

[1] See http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/open-source/LART/ for pictures.

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl