X framebuffer

Hello,

I am trying to run X on the shark right now, but with no luck.
When I start X, it switches to another vt, paints the whole
screen white and displays 4 stripes a 6 or 11 lines of that
background mesh. Within these stripes X works normally: The
mousecursor moves and I can see some parts of an xterm. Xsetroot
works.

But all this only happens in these 4 horizontal stripes. The rest
of the monitor always displays the contents of the last virtual
console I switched to the X-vt from. Only in black on white, not
white on black.

I mmaped the framebuffer memory and I can write to and read from it.
I always get the value I wrote when I read it, so that seems OK.
I see something on the screen but again, only within the stripes.
(they are always at the same places.)

The framebuffer-console works perfectly, when I fill the memory
from within the kernel the whole sreen is redrawn.
I looked through the kernel, the cachable bits are cleared, the
address and length of the remap are correct, I don't understand it.
But I guess the error must be somewhere in the remap-page-range
or somewhere near it.

(**) FBDev: Using default frame buffer video mode
(--) FBDev: Frame buffer device: Cyber2000
(--) FBDev: Video memory: 2048K @ 0x6000000
(--) FBDev: MMIO regs: 768K @ 0x6800000
(--) FBDev: Type 0 type_aux 0 bits_per_pixel 8
(--) FBDev: Unknown hardware accelerator type 22
(--) FBDev: No driver support for hardware acceleration
bpp = 8, depth = 8, BitsPerRGB = 8
(--) FBDev: Using cfb8 driver

The fb is set to 800x600x8

Any hints?