egcs package + need help

Hi,

I've uploaded a preliminary egcs package to:

  ftp://ftp.jimpick.com/pub/debian/netwinder/prelim/egcs/

I had some problems building it with optimization turned on, so it was
built without optimization.  Philip Blundell is looking at that.

It seems to work OK for C, although I am still testing that.

It doesn't work at all for C++, ie:

$ g++ helloworld.c
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/egcs-2.91.60/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_pthread_cleanup_pop_restore'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/egcs-2.91.60/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `_pthread_cleanup_push_defer'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/arm-linux/egcs-2.91.60/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `exception virtual table'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm not sure what is going on there.

I think we want to recompile everything using a versioned glibc,
armv3, and --mapcs-float.

Unfortunately, we can't do this with Corel's gcc, since it won't even
build when not using the --with-cpu=strongarm option.  It also doesn't
have --mapcs-float.

I'll continue plugging away at this problem.  But I could definitely
use some help here.  I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff, and
it will take me a long time to figure it all out.

Chers,

 - Jim