Re: Gdb!

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, David Welton wrote:

> I did it - sort of.  Gdb seems to work, after a lot of futzing.  I am
> uploading the files to
>
> master.debian.org/~davidw/netwinder/
>
> because the patches are ugly and the whole thing would just be better
> if it came from upstream.  For now, I'll notify the gdb maintainer and
> see what they think.

# dpkg -s gdb | grep Version
Version: 4.17-4.m68k.objc.threads.hwwp.fpu.gnat.3
#

Does this mean the next version I'll release will be named
gdb-4.17-4.m68k.objc.threads.hwwp.fpu.gnat.arm ? :(

> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /home/davidw/./foo
> warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
> warning: GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
> warning: and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
>
> At this point, I'm more or less stumped.  I have no idea if it might
> be related to gcc, gdb.. or what.

it also happens on some i386 executable sometimes (/sbin/mkfs.minix
unstriped does it for example). No clue why it does this however...

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -
- Debian/GNU Linux:   http://www.openhardware.org    Logiciels du soleil: -