Re: Debian ports for RiscPC, ARM710, etc.

On Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 01:34:45AM +0200, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > Of course, that might not be a good name, because Acorn could release
> > something in the future based on the StrongARM.  Also, there might be
> > non-Acorn machines that need the armv3 stuff.
>
> Hadn't you heard?  Acorn have dumped their Workstation division and
> laid off 75 employees :-(  They announced their future lies in Set Top
> Boxes and Digital TV, and I don't see much scope for running a Debian
> distribution on those.  You may be right about other companies producing
> ARMv3 designs - the Psion 5 _may_ be, but on the other hand it might
> be based on an ARM7TDMI which is an ARMv4 architecture.  I honestly
> can't remember.

Yes, I'd prefer to see Debian actually running on a netwinder before
we go dreaming up new ports, although, it's your time, and you've made
damn good use of it so far, so do what you like:-)  I'm certainly
anxious to get the redhat junk off my netwinder though:-)

Did anyone try out my strace?  I was rather content with my results.

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org