Re: glibc, libstdc++2.8 and the kernel

In article <[🔎] 199808250247.UAA15837@chunks.gag.com> you wrote:

: I'll sit up tonight and try to network boot the current kernel.

After scratching my head for a long time, I realized that the netboot code
only uses eth0... and of course, I'd put the Netwinder on my 100baseT hub
using eth1.  Sigh.

I haven't quite got the dhcpd configured right yet, and I'm ready for bed.
I'll poke some more tomorrow.  My first goal is to netboot a CCC kernel over
the net, and have it carry on using hda2 as the root filesystem.  This will
confirm that I can "boot around" the limitations of the current firmware.

What I'm doing is leaving hda1 (boot), hda2 (CCC root), and hda3 (swap) alone,
and using hda4 as a Debian root partition...  which I mount as /debian when
I boot from the CCC root on hda2.  For the moment, it has only the contents of
Jim's chroot tarball in it.  That should be enough to play with if I can get
a kernel to netboot and select that partition as the root.  We'll see.

Anyone have any bright ideas on patching a CCC kernel to point to hda4 instead
of hda2 for the root?  I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm guessing it won't
be as simple as a text patch...

Bdale