Re: X uploaded to master

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:

> > I've uploaded X to incoming on master.
>
> If you where in Vancouver, I'd kiss you... :)

No kisses.  You can buy me a beer next time I come down there though.  ;-)

> > Sorry for the long delay.  There doesn't seem to be a way to generate
> > a .changes file if I build ARM architecture packages only and I want
> > to upload source files.  I ended up having to hack a local copy of
> > dpkg-genchanges and hand editing the changes file to fix the list of
> > architectures.  Yuck.
>
> Doesn't dpkg-genchanges -B do it? It works for me... But maby the X package
> are a little different... :)

With the -B option, it excludes the source packages.

> > The keyboard mappings don't seem to be working for me in an xterm -
> > backspace and delete don't do the right things (but ^h works).  I've
> > never really understood X keyboard configuration.  Perhaps Debian does
> > something during system initialization that we aren't doing with the
> > chroot setup.
>
> Tried 'xmodmap /etc/X11/Xmodmap'?

I just tried it.  It didn't make much difference.  I'm not that worried
about it right now.  I'm just happy that I can now build X packages.

I'm going to do xpm and icewm in the next few minutes, and then I'm
going to call it a night.

Cheers,

 - Jim