Re: X uploaded to master

Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> wrote:

> I've uploaded X to incoming on master.

If you where in Vancouver, I'd kiss you... :)

> Sorry for the long delay.  There doesn't seem to be a way to generate
> a .changes file if I build ARM architecture packages only and I want
> to upload source files.  I ended up having to hack a local copy of
> dpkg-genchanges and hand editing the changes file to fix the list of
> architectures.  Yuck.

Doesn't dpkg-genchanges -B do it? It works for me... But maby the X package
are a little different... :)

> The keyboard mappings don't seem to be working for me in an xterm -
> backspace and delete don't do the right things (but ^h works).  I've
> never really understood X keyboard configuration.  Perhaps Debian does
> something during system initialization that we aren't doing with the
> chroot setup.

Tried 'xmodmap /etc/X11/Xmodmap'?

> I haven't installed it on gandalf - I'll leave that up to Turbo or
> somebody else that wants to use that machine.

I was just going to say that I'll get right on and install it on gandalf... :)

 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are
         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /          papadoc.nocrew.org
  _ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Turbo Fredriksson    turbo@tripnet.se
  \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ Surrey/B.C./Canada      (604)572-3523
Debian Certified Linux Developer  PGP#788CD1A9   www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B --------
--
Nazi domestic disruption World Trade Center Honduras Legion of Doom
bomb Ortega SEAL Team 6 Kennedy strategic Khaddafi CIA FBI Uzi BATF