Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> writes:

> Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:
>
> > ----- s n i p -----
> > [turbo@gandalf turbo]$ who
> > [turbo@gandalf turbo]$ w
> > bad data in /var/run/utmp[turbo@gandalf turbo]$
> > [turbo@gandalf turbo]$
> > ----- s n i p -----
>
> It doesn't appear that you are operating inside the chroot'd area.
> Try this:

No, I didn't... I was hoping the real who/w would work, but...

> BTW, who isn't going to work, because when people come into the chroot
> area using the chroot command, /var/run/utmp does not get updated.

Ohh... I knew that... :)

 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are
         / / | | '_ \| | | \ \/ /          papadoc.nocrew.org
  _ /// / /__| | | | | |_| |>  <  Turbo Fredriksson    turbo@tripnet.se
  \\\/  \____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\ PGP#788CD1A9   www5.tripnet.se/~turbo
------- PGP:  B7 92 93 0E 06 94 D6 22  98 1F 0B 5B FE 33 A1 0B --------
--
colonel NSA counter-intelligence assassination Panama domestic
disruption SEAL Team 6 fissionable Soviet CIA NORAD KGB Peking Clinton