Re: Bootable image available

David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 07, 1998 at 12:02:31AM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
>
> >         setenv kernconfig fs
> > 	setenv kerndev /dev/hda4
> > 	setenv rootconfig fs
>                           ^^
> This should be 'disk'.

Oops.  So it should be.  I'll fix the instructions on the ftp
site.

> >   6) Hopefully it boots, and you will be inside Debian!
>
> Yes:-))))
>
> This is too cool:->>

I'm glad it worked for somebody other than myself.  :-)

> Now we can get the 'real' kernel happening, too.. and disk
> partitioning..

That would be nice.  Personally, I'm going to concentrate on egcs,
binutils, gcc, and glibc for now.  There's a lot of very tricky stuff.
Hopefully, all that will be sorted out a month from now, and I'll be
able to work on some other things.

Cheers,

 - Jim