Re: Debian ports for RiscPC, ARM710, etc.

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, David Alan Gilbert wrote:

> James Craig wrote:
> > <fishes out his Psion 5>
> > <goes to machine hardware page>
> > Processor: ARM7100
> > Speed: 18.432MHz.
> > ROM: 6M
> > RAM: 8M
> > So there you go. I think it's pretty similar to the ARM7500 but designed
> > for a palmtop instead of a normal PC.
>
> I think there are some people who've looked at porting to Psion; but I haven't
> heard anything from them lately.
I'm on the lists for the people at RedHat who're trying to do this;
Unfortunately, they're too busy working on getting a bootloader running to
even be thinking abuot the kernel. I gather there aren't any great
problems there though - the problems are mostly to do with things like
storage space.

--
James Craig <jcraig@mad.scientist.com>
            <9606585c@udcf.gla.ac.uk>