agetty - progress

Hi, someone else (Joey H.?, Martin Schulze?) wanted to know about
problems with agetty - and I think I found it.  I haven't started
investigating yet, but I'm not sure I'm competent to track down the
exact problem, so I'll post, and then get to work:

A few lines before 830 of agetty.c, there is

(while ((c = getc(fd)) != EOF)) .....

Make gave me the error that this would always return 1, because of the
incompleteness of the data type.  'c' is a char, EOF == -1.  For some
reason, this doesn't jive... My man page says that getc returns an
int, and,infact, the character that is getting dumped to my screen is
\377 or some such, which would be out of range of a normal
char... hrmmmm.  An unsigned char doesn't fix it, but an int does.

This makes agetty function, now login has a problem.. I wonder if it's
something similiar...

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org