Re: Util-linux (minus disk tools)

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 04:40:29AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> David Welton wrote:
> > I managed to built util-linux sans disk tools.  I'm not entirely sure
>
> Can you test the included agetty please?  We have some severe problems
> on the powerpc 'cause it does not assign the new tty properly.  It just
> compiles fine.

Hrm, it doesn't seem to function.  I get a lot of the 'y with a thing
(umlaut?)  over it' symbols that indicate that wierd things are
afoot.  Stracing it shows that it keeps trying to read from a file
descriptor opened as /etc/issue, but returns 0.  Gdb-ing it returns
"weird things".

When I am more awake, I will try to send some more useful info - I am
dead tired.

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org