Re: Status?

David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> writes:

> It has been a while since I have heard anything from this list (maybe
> I have been unsubscribed?).  Both Jim Pick and Bdale Garbee looked
> like they were making some good progress.. any word on that?  Jim
> Pick's image seems to be more than a month old.
>
> I just got my Netwinder today (*finally*), and so I'm determined to
> actually do something with it...:-)

I'm having a tough time with glibc.  I've been working on it for the
last few days.  I'm having some troubles with the ld.so it builds with
versioning turned on (which we want).

I'm currently educating myself about ELF so I can go in there and
debug it.  I'm a bit frustrated by how long this is taking - but I'm
learning a lot.

I've also got an egcs package built - but I wasn't going to upload it
until I was sure that I could build glibc with it.

Once I get those done, I'm going to work on building a new install
image and attempting to get the system in shape so I can boot directly
into Debian.  But the glibc stuff is on my critical path, so that's
why I am currently stalled.

Cheers,

 - Jim