Re: When is a version above apache 2.4.10 going to release for Deb 8?

On Sunday, 6 November 2016 09:27:18 CET John Gates wrote:
> I have a server that needs to stay PCIDSS compliant and it is complaining
> that apache 2.4.10 is running...  When is an update going to be
> available...  Do I have to compile my own Apache version?  Seems odd that
> stability is favored over security...  Please advise.

Debian back-ports individual security fixes, not complete new upstream
versions. See https://www.debian.org/security/faq#oldversion

An overview over the security issues that have been fixed in apache2 is
available via

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/apache2