Re: Ubuntu and the default page

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 07:41:22PM +0100, Arno Töll wrote:
> I'm not so sure what you're worried about. I am the author of that page,
> and I'm perfectly fine if you replace whatever statement you like to
> make it suitable to Ubuntu. Feel free to remove any mentioning of Debian
> if you think that's helpful for your users, or the page altogether.

Thanks Arno!

> I'm fine with those changes. I do not know if you feel like patching
> this every time you import the package, but that's up to you. If you
> want, we could also add your index.html to the Debian package, and
> install either alternative based on the detected build host, you know
> some conditional file selection based on `dpkg-vendor --query vendor`.
> However, that implies that you send back changed to use you'd like to
> have in "your" index.html.

It'd be nice to set it up so I don't have to do anything - thanks. But
I'd want to make sure that the Ubuntu page didn't fall behind the Debian
one. Sharing some common source for the common pieces would be ideal but
seems more effort than it's worth. So I'll just merge it manually for
now, with a view to changing it if it becomes a burden. My workflow
makes this fairly easy so hopefully it should be OK.

Robie