Re: Ubuntu and the default page

Hi Robie,

On 18.03.2014 18:23, Robie Basak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This area is a can of worms. I feel that whatever I do I may upset
> someone, so this email is an attempt to mitigate this. I've attached my
> proposal as a starting point. I'm open to doing something else if there
> is consensus that I should.

I'm not so sure what you're worried about. I am the author of that page,
and I'm perfectly fine if you replace whatever statement you like to
make it suitable to Ubuntu. Feel free to remove any mentioning of Debian
if you think that's helpful for your users, or the page altogether.

> [..]

> My proposal is attached. I haven't changed the logo yet but I expect
> I'll swap the logo out for a suitable Ubuntu logo - please object if you
> think this is not appropriate.

I'm fine with those changes. I do not know if you feel like patching
this every time you import the package, but that's up to you. If you
want, we could also add your index.html to the Debian package, and
install either alternative based on the detected build host, you know
some conditional file selection based on `dpkg-vendor --query vendor`.
However, that implies that you send back changed to use you'd like to
have in "your" index.html.

Alternatively, we could also try to find a page version that fits both
of us (though that may confuse users).

--
with kind regards,
Arno Töll