Re: Passing LDFLAGS to Apache modules for hardened build flags

On Tuesday 29 May 2012, Arno Töll wrote:
> > Note, a few packages of my 2.4 test rebuild FTBFS because of
> > hardening flags lately (#666839 and #666854 at least).
>
> And these packages now probably turned RC buggy as they fail to
> build from source with hardening flags enabled. I will test that
> and report a bug unless you catch me on that.

At least in the two cases above, this was a 2.4 specific change. The
packages still build fine.

Lintian complains, though:

mod_ruby doesn't use the LDFLAGS passed in via apxs, though:

libapache2-mod-ruby: hardening-no-relro
usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_ruby.so

But I wonder if it would not be better to simply remove mod_ruby. Last
upload 2008.