Re: Fwd: [php-maint] Updating php5 to 5.4.4-5 broke FastCGI setup on my machine

Le Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 03:38:10PM +0200, Ondřej Surý a écrit :

> Just one last question which came to my mind. Would this all be fixed
> if we added non-magic type to mime-support (e.g.
> http://bugs.debian.org/670945) and reverting the changes done in the
> php5-cgi package?
>
> That I think would justify change in the mime-support package. Too
> much breakage on every front now.

Hello Ondřej, Stefan, and everybody,

Do you think that there is a way to fix #589384 (the *.php.foo problem)
without removing the application/x-httpd-* media types ?

I did not realise before that in the current release cycle, Apache stays at
version 2.2 and that in Jessie, configurations will need to be re-adjusted
anyway.  I think that it is a good argument for a compromise, provided that
#589384 stays solved and that we agree that in Jessie the media types
application/x-httpd-* will be removed from /etc/mime.types.

Of course, it is even better if there is an easy way to adjust the priority of
the SetHandler statement of php5_cgi.conf in a way that does not break FastCGI
configurations.

What do you think ?

Have a nice day,

--