[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Apache2 2.4 transition postponed

Hello Stefan,

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 6:53 AM, Stefan Fritsch <sf@sfritsch.de> wrote:
> we have decided to postpone the transition to apache2 2.4. The main
> blocker is that mod_perl needs a major new upstream release which very
> likely won't be ready in time for Wheezy and we don't want to release
> Wheezy without mod_perl.

Do you plan to make it available as an alternative stack (i.e. release
both 2.2 and 2.4)? if not, have you considered setting up a repository
for staging pacakges for wheezy (so that users of the future stable
will be able to use 2.4 even if not officially released for debian,
and so with some sort of reduced usability)?

Sandro Tosi (aka morph, morpheus, matrixhasu)
My website: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/
Me at Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi

Reply to: