Re: apache boot script depends

On 01/16/2011 09:48 AM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Massimo Manghi wrote:

[...]
It was easy to figure out that the problem was with the boot sequence, as the application requires Mysql to be running when child processes are forked and initialized. As a general rule wouldn't be sensible to start Apache after existing DBMS are already running? Is this an issue on which a wishlist bug should be filed?

I thinks it's a bit hard to find all existing DBMS, but we may at least add the most common ones. Please file a bug. Considering the current discussion in debian-devel, it should probably be at least 'normal'.

Cheers,
Stefan

ok, I will file the bug. I suspect that having Postgresql, Mysql and Sqlite in the depends list would hit a majority of cases where Apache2 apps must rely on a DBMS.

 thanks

 -- Massimo