Re: apache module postinst/prerm scripts

Hi Stefan

thanks for the answer.

I was thinking of the problem and I could only see as a solution the
introduction of a small database of the installed modules where their state
transitions are recorded. I don't know what database format is recommended by
Debian Policy in these cases, but a simple ASCII file would work well to
handle the state of the modules, even in the improbable case all the modules
available have been selected at least once sometime in the history of a
system.

I remember Debian Apache 1.x kept a module database in the form of a file
listing the Load commands for the modules. If that approach was abandoned some
good reason existed though....

Can you envision an approach to the problem?

 -- Massimo

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:19:33 +0100, Stefan Fritsch wrote