Re: An initial attempt to help with SSL-related bugs

On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   I've tried checking out trunk/debian into a subdir
>  of the unpacked source.  I've tried checking out the
>  whole SVN repository and using a symlink for debian,
>  but everything has failed.

Why do I have the suspicion that you looked at the apache 1.3
packaging? Don't follow that path, it will lead to insanity...

The svn directory structure is a bit weird. Usually its
package_name/{trunk,tags,branches} but we have
{trunk,tags,branches}/package_name for some (historical?) reason.

This works for me:

tar -xvzf apache2_2.2.8.orig.tar.gz
cd httpd-2.2.8/
svn co svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-apache/trunk/apache2 debian
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc

(plus -i or -I to omit the .svn dirs, I can't remember which)

Cheers,
Stefan