suexec configuration

Hi list,

I need some help concerning suexec. I can’t understand what the following two options do:

“ --with-suexec-docroot
This defines the directory tree under which suexec access is allowed for executables. Default value is --datadir/htdocs. “

As I understood it right this option set’s the path to the .cgi scripts.

“ --with-suexec-safepath
Define the value of the environment variable PATH to be set for processes started by suexec. Default value is /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin. “

And this one, well I don’t know. It seems that these directories contain the linux executables which suexec use (for example: passwd).

It would be nice if someone could give me a short instruction about how to configure suexec to get it work secure and properly.

Nice regards