Bug#399776: apache2: Apache 2.2 spawns lots of processes and freeze the box
- are there any interesting entries in the apache error log?
- anything interesting in syslog, kern.log, ...?
- are you using php/cgi/... or just static content? If you use php,
what memory_limit have you set?
- what other modules do you use that are not enabled by default?
- how much memory+swap does your box have? How much of this is used by
If your Apache does something quite memory consuming, 150 processes
are quite a lot (and maxclients 150 means that you can have up to 150
processes). Maybe you are just running out of memory and the
oom-killer goes berzerk (as it usually does).