Re: apt problem with libapache-mod-perl

Hoeppner, Stan D. wrote:

> How can I FORCE apt to completely forget about, ignore (pick your
> phrase) libapache-mod-perl and install my other packages??!??!

You could bypass apt completely and just "dpkg -i whateverftpd.deb", if
youreally want to.

> P.S. If I knew how to create the .info file for them I'd have already
> done so.

See /usr/lib/apache/1.3/*.info as examples.  Here's the one for php4:
=====
LoadModule: php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
Directives:
 php_value
 php_flag
 php_admin_value
 php_admin_flag
=====

Basically, you need a (correct) LoadModule line and a Description,
listing the Directives that a module provides used to be critical to how
apacheconfig worked, but now it's just a nice reference and we don't
directly require it.

... Adam